Virtuozzo is a high-security, high-performance server virtualization solution that combines containers and storage to give service providers a single, cost-effective platform for delivering high-availability cloud services to their customers. It is ideal for service providers who want to modernize their infrastructure in order to capitalize on emerging, container-dependent technologies that will help them build new offerings for businesses and cloud application developers.
1. What is included in Virtuozzo?
Virtuozzo includes three primary features: containers, hypervisor and storage.
With Virtuozzo containers, service providers and developers have a high-security, low-cost infrastructure solution uniquely suited to server virtualization and cloud application development that will help them modernize their infrastructure for customer needs today and tomorrow.
Increase revenues per Virtual Private Server
- Deliver 3x more virtual servers than hypervisor solutions, providing greater utilization of existing infrastructure Reduce server maintenance costs by 75%
- Centralize management to enable fast and efficient operating system updates and upgrades Increase Application Performance by 50%
- Enable near-native server performance, delivering maximum application performance and scalability Provision new servers quickly
- Make new servers available within minutes of a customer order and have them instantly on with no operating system boot-up time
With Virtuozzo hypervisor, service providers have the flexibility to create virtual machines for customers who prefer to deploy and maintain a variety of operating systems. Virtuozzo hypervisors allow service providers to simultaneously run multiple virtual machines and containers on the same physical server, thereby making more efficient use of hardware resources. Offering a hardware virtualization option in addition to operating system virtualization with containers gives service providers the freedom to choose the most appropriate technology for specific customer needs.
With Virtuozzo storage, service providers can maintain high server availability and performance, with elasticity and scalability for changing customer needs, all at a lower cost than direct attached storage and network attached storage alternatives.
Get the most of out of storage investments
- Distribute storage from existing hard drives across all hardware nodes
- Turn unused disk space on those nodes in to a single pooled storage cluster
- Reduce extra maintenance and support costs by lowering additional storage infrastructure needs
Eliminate virtual private server downtime due to hardware outages
- Replicate storage and distribute it in to a cluster
- Automatically move virtual private servers from a failed node to a functional node to keep them operational using the storage cluster
2. How does Virtuozzo protect server data?
Virtuozzo protects against data loss or temporary unavailability by mirroring data to a specified number of copies (replicas) placed on different machines to protect the data from single point hardware and control failures. To provide additional reliability Virtuozzo can be configured to maintain user data checksums and verify them on access and on a regular basis.
Software Development Kit (SDK)
|Virtualization SDK for Windows – Software Development Kit (SDK) to assist in connecting third party provisioning and management solutions through our rich API layer.||Download|
|Virtualization SDK for Linux – Software Development Kit (SDK) to assist in connecting third party provisioning and management solutions through our rich API layer.||Download|
|Transporter Agent for Windows – Convert physical servers or virtual machines residing on third party hypervisors into Virtuozzo virtual machines.||Download|
|Transporter Agent for Linux (64-bit) – Convert physical servers or virtual machines residing on third party hypervisors into Virtuozzo virtual machines or containers.||Download|
|Transporter Agent for Linux (32-bit) – Convert physical servers or virtual machines residing on third party hypervisors into Virtuozzo virtual machines or containers.||Download|
|Transporter Agent for Containers for Windows – Convert containers from Parallels Containers for Windows into Virtuozzo virtual machines.||Download|
|Transporter Agent for Containers for Linux – Convert containers from Parallels Containers for Linux into Virtuozzo virtual machines.||Download|
Self Service Resources
Find the answers to most popular technical questions about virtualization products and related services.
Search our database of articles for known solutions.
Get to know Virtuozzo products product features, how to operate them and how to use them.
Connect with fellow Virtuozzo users. For information on specific Virtuozzo products, see the appropriate product forums.